Request A Comprehensive Eye Exam Or Eyewear Makeover
ATTENTION: COVID-10 CLOSURE
We have been mandated by the Alberta College of Optometrists to cease all non-urgent eye care for a minimum of six weeks effective March 19, 2020.
We will still be available to see emergency patients in person if necessary and can still offer assistance remotely for non-urgent care (such as medication refills, red eyes etc).
Examples of emergencies would include (but is not limited to) sudden loss of vision, flashing lights or floating spots, foreign bodies, broken glasses or lost contact lenses where you are unable to function without lenses.
Click Here For COVID-19 Announcement
Read More >>
Comprehensive Eye Exams
We use state-of-the-art technology for precise glasses prescriptions & thorough ocular health exams to detect any eye diseases.
Read More >>
Pediatric Eye Exams
You’ll be happy to know that children’s eye exams are covered by Alberta Health Care.
Read More >>
We offer vision therapy to help people with different visual problems such as double vision, convergence insufficiency, lazy eye, crossed eyes and is very effective in treating concussion patients.
Read More >>
Eye Emergencies (pink/Red Eyes)
Contact us in the event of an eye emergency. We help with pink eye, red eyes, sore eyes, foreign body removal and more.
Read More >>
Management of Ocular Diseases
We can help you manage ocular diseases with regular monitoring of Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, and Cataracts.
Read More >>
Treatment of Vision-Related Learning Issues in Children
We work with parents and children to diagnose and relieve vision-related challenges that can occur in children.
Read More >>
Glaucoma is a condition that causes damage to your eye’s optic nerve and gets worse over time.
Read More >>
Vision by Design Optometry, Where Designer Eye Wear Meets Designer Eye Care.
Vision by Design Optometry provides more than standard optometry in Edmonton. We not only provide comprehensive vision exams, we also have a wide variety of designer frames that help you look your best.
Wearing glasses should not just be functional, but make a fashion statement.
The Vision By Design team believes that our patients are the point of our practice. Everything we do is on behalf of our patients and their families.
The Vision By Design Optometry team believes that our patients are the point of our practice. Everything we do is on behalf of our patients and their families.
We took a lot of time creating a professional and safe environment that feels warm, inviting and comfortable. We also complemented our Edmonton optometry space with the latest technology and amenities, just as you would expect from Edmonton’s best eye care clinic.
We’ve outfitted our office and clinic with the highest grade premium equipment that gives our patients the most reliable and accurate eye health data that helps us understand health matters and recommend next steps.
Our optometry equipment is the most accurate equipment available. This cutting edge technology allows us to detect diseases at earlier stages leading to better treatment outcomes which protect your eyesight.
In addition to eye care, Vision by Design provides assistance in choosing the right frames for your needs. Our eye care specialists can help you with a custom eye care makeover, so not only will your new frames be functional, but also fashionable!
Vision By Design’s philosophy is a balance between investing in the technology to do the job right and investing in our relationships with our patients for their long-term health.
We are currently accepting new patients, and we would be happy to discuss you and your family’s eye health. Contact us today!
In 2011 Dr. Keep purchased Callingwood Vision Centre, which had been serving the community for over 20 years, and began making it her own. At the previous location, which was located in the Callingwood Professional Building in the Breezeway around the corner, we made a few changes such as bringing in new frame lines, bringing in lab equipment to be able to edge our own lenses, and modernizing by adopting electronic medical records and bringing in advanced diagnostic equipment.
While these were positive changes it was quickly determined that further growth was very limited by our small office space. In 2014 Dr. Keep made the decision to move the practice to a larger and more visible retail space and Vision by Design was born.
The name change was an important decision as Dr. Keep wanted something that could couple our patient’s eye care experience with our optical gallery. Dr. Keep believed that eye care should be custom tailored to each patient.
Designer eyewear meets Designer Eye care, and this is where Vision by Design was born. The additional space in the new office allowed us to expand to include a second doctor. We brought in additional diagnostic equipment to be able to treat diseases such as glaucoma, and we started providing the specialty services of vision therapy in 2016.
With our new brand in place we set out to the community to make our name known. Vision by Design Optometry has had the opportunity to participate in many amazing events. Vision by Design did a fashion show for Western Canada Fashion Week in 2015 and were featured in Avenue magazine showcasing the newest eyewear trends. Our Edmonton Optometry Clinic has done two eye wear makeover photo shoots, which showcase our patients striking before and after looks in their new VBD eyewear.
Vision by Design Optometry has sponsored charity events such as the Big Gifts for Little lives fundraising walk to raise money for the Stollery pediatric organ transplants and have participated in Cornfest which raises money for the Edmonton burn unit. Our Edmonton Optometry Clinic also holds our annual UV groovy day where we promote eye exams and UV protection for young children by giving away sunglasses to children under 5.
Our success has been a result of us constantly striving to improve our patient experience. We like to treat our patients like family, and always strive to ensure they have an unforgettable patient experience.
Dr. Sarah Keep is passionate about eye health and eye care. That is why she has invested significant time into studying Vision Therapy and Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation to help patients with binocular vision disorders. Vision by Design has been offering Vision Therapy since 2016 and is taking measures to open a larger space to accommodate more patients and Qualified Vision Therapists.
To provide an unforgettable experience and customized vision care.
What we do.
Located in West Edmonton at the Marketplace at Callingwood, Vision By Design has been helping Edmonton and surrounding communities with their eye health and finding the perfect, quality eyewear for over 25 years.
As eye care experts, we:
- Carefully and thoroughly examine eyes for health and vision issues.
- Diagnose and treat eye diseases such as glaucoma.
- Detect and identify health problems that manifest in the eye (high blood pressure, diabetes etc.)
- Understand how professional and well trained staff are critical to providing superior patient care.
- Provide a comfortable and welcoming environment that complements our space with the latest technology and amenities.
- Recognize eyeglasses are a fashion accessory. Our frame experts know what frames will work best with your prescription, but also take the time to analyze your face shape, complexion and personal style to ensure you get an eyeglass frame that will look stunning on you.
Our eye care staff are highly trained and consistently offer an unforgettable patient experience through not only eye care treatment, but also education to ensure our patients understand the tests and treatments performed. It’s important to us that each patient understands there are many options for prescription lenses. Many patients do not realize there are thousands of different lens designs to choose from when you purchase glasses. Our doctors and opticians spend additional time obtaining a thorough understanding of the unique ways in which you use your eyes so we can prescribe the specific lenses in your glasses that will work best for you and your prescription.
- Always do what is best for the patient.
- Make recommendations based on our patients needs.
- Solving patient concerns in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Service beyond expectations (Customer Service, Patient Care)
- To provide an exceptional experience with each and every patient encounter.
- Go out of your way to create unforgettable patient experiences.
- Offer effective solutions to patient concerns.
- Respectful communication
- Provide extensive patient education on health issues and treatment recommendations
- Have open and honest communication our patients
- Using patient feedback to grow and provide better service and experiences
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Collaborate with other health professions to ensure the most optimum care.
- Provide complete solutions to all eye care needs.
- Go above and beyond what is expected.
- Be diligent in upholding the standard of delivering an outstanding customer experience every time.
- Putting our customers first beyond anything else.
- Provide the correct information in a consistent and timely fashion to our patients.
- Innovation (Technology, Education, High Quality Products, Specialty Services)
- We strive to be the best optometry clinic in Edmonton by utilizing the latest technology to monitor eye health.
- We provide specialty services that are not provided by every Optometrist in Edmonton in order to provide a broad spectrum of eye care.
- We seek out unique products to create a ‘wow’ experience for our patients.
- Vision by Design Optometry places a high value on continuing education for our doctors, opticians, and front line staff to provide outstanding optometry services in Edmonton.